After a great meeting and the annual election, the following are on the board for the next 12 months:
President – Paul W
Vice President – Ingrid
Treasurer – Cheryl
Secretary – Gini
Sincere thanks to outgoing board member Eddie and Treasurer Phil for their contributions during the past year.
As always, we encourage members who have ideas for rides or activities to contact one of the board members to discuss.
We are looking forward to another great year. Thank you for your continued support.
Monday, February 15, 2016
Please join us at the Texas Cattle Co, 44206 10th Street West, Lancaster, CA for our February meeting.
We will have our club election at this meeting. All paid up members of the club are encouraged to vote. Any paid up member of the club can and is encouraged to nominate for a position on the board.
Membership forms will be available at this meeting for anyone wanting to join the club.
Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting.
What a fabulous turn out this morning for the Meet the Officers ride. Twenty two riders!! Plus 2 board members who were unable to ride but turned up to say Hi. There were 2 routes offered, the longest one going out to the poppy fields. A bit of a challenge for the tail-enders as the wind did kick up towards the end of the ride. Thank you all so much for joining us today.
Join us Monday, January 19, 2015, for the monthly meeting and annual election.
Location: Julianni’s Italian Ristorante, 44960 Valley Central Way Lancaster, CA 93536.
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Bicycle Ride: (NO-ONE-LEFT-BEHIND) “SLOW PACE NOT A RACE” Join us for breakfast at Foxys Landing Restarunt (FOX FIELD) We leave at 7:30AM please be on time…… Bring money for breakfast, and plenty of water. Micah will be leading ride if I am not available. Sean and Jack will be support.
WHERE: We will meet at Bicycle John’s. 2056 west ave K. Lancaster CA.(Cross streets- Ave K and 20th st west)
Bring money for breakfast, and plenty of water. Micah will be leading ride if I am not available. Sean and Jack will be support.
It’s that time again! Join us this Monday, March 15th
7 pm @ Nick’s Pizzeria
43755 15th St. West
Lancaster, CA 93534
In the High Desert Medical Plaza Shopping Center.
I’ve been listening to a radio show called Bike Talk! It’s about everything imaginable to do with bicycling in Los Angeles and Southern California and beyond.
Recent shows have included:
- An interview at the Dutch consulate about bicycling in the Netherlands.
- An interview with a bike messenger in New York who has been involved in all aspects of bicycling for many years. (He told some fascinating stories.)
- The LA Bike Plan.
- A mountain biking event.
There is an archive of previous shows located here. Check it out for stuff that interests you.
The show is broadcast live on KPFK 90.7 Saturday nights at 11:00 p.m.
You can also do what I do — download the Bike Talk! podcast from iTunes. That way, you can listen at your leisure on your iPod.
UPDATE: According to LA Streetsblog’s Calendar, the schedule for upcoming episodes of Bike Talk! is:
- Saturday, January 9, 2010, Bike Talk on Kill Radio, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 12, 2010, Bike Talk on KPFK 90.7 FM – Pacifica Radio, 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 16, 2010, Bike Talk on Kill Radio, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2010, Bike Talk on KPFK 90.7 FM – Pacifica Radio, 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 23, 2010, Bike Talk on Kill Radio, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
UPDATE II: Downloading Bike Talk from iTunes:
- Open iTunes.
- Click on iTunes Store.
- On the Menu List at the top of the page, click on Podcasts>Audio Podcasts.
- In the Search box in the upper right-hand corner, type “Bike Talk.”
- Click on the icon for Bike Talk – KPFK 90.7 FM or the text.
- This takes you to the description of the podcast. Below the description, you will see a list of episodes.
- To the right of the Bike Talk icon is the SUBSCRIBE button. Click on the SUBSCRIBE button to subscribe to the podcast.